Cannabis Insurance

The Salvati Insurance Group has represented clients in cultivation, processing, secure transport, provisioning, and consumption lounges since the early days of cannabis legalization after Michigan ratified the MMFLA in 2016. At TSIG, not only are we service providers to the cannabis industry, we are different because we are also advocates and enthusiasts.

The Salvati Insurance Group does more than just sell cannabis insurance, we provide risk management advisory from square one.

Ideally, we will begin to work with a client before a property is acquired. Cannabis applicants have a need to secure the proper coverages pre-operation from vacant building general liability and commercial property to builder’s risk coverage during the buildout.

Cannabis employers and employees love that TSIG is also a comprehensive solution for worker’s compensation, group health insurance, voluntary benefits, and life insurance.

Before a licensee begins to operate their cultivation, processing, secure transport, provisioning, or consumption operation TSIG agents will seek coverage options from all Michigan cannabis industry carriers including, but not limited to:

  • CanGen
  • Cannasure
  • Conifer
  • Illinois Casualty
  • Jencap
  • Progressive
  • Topa
  • Rockall
  • QuadScore

The benefit to clients of working with a firm that is a true independent and fiduciary advisor are:

  • Significantly more competitive pricing than agencies that only work with one carrier
  • Higher limits
    • Business interruption
    • Crop coverage
    • Cyber
    • Employment Practices Liability Insurance

Schedule a time to spark up a conversation and kickoff the risk management process for your cannabis business:

Directors & Officers Application

Directors & Officers liability coverage protects the directors and officers of a company from personal losses if they are sued as a result from serving as a director or officer of an organization. D&O coverage can also reimburse a business for the legal fees or other costs incurred in defending such individuals against a lawsuit.

Workers Compensation

Workers’ Compensation is an insurance coverage requirement that applies to businesses in most states, not just marijuana businesses. If you have a full time employee, most states require workers’ compensation coverage. Get started with our online application here.

Municipality Bond

Many municipalities across the country are requiring marijuana bonds as part of their local permitting process. If the city that you are doing business in is requiring a bond, you will need to complete this application.

Onsite Consumption

If you are planning a cannabis event that includes onsite consumption, special coverage is needed to ensure you, as the host of the event, are protected.